By Sheila Dicks
Beautiful faces come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Beauty is magnified when makeup is applied correctly. Makeup has the ability to hide skin imperfections, brighten and make skin appear more youthful. Makeup acts as a beauty enhancement.
When makeup is used incorrectly it has the power to dull complexions, bring out imperfections and create a harsh look. In most instances, people won’t tell you your makeup is gaudy – it is up to you to find out how to apply if properly and ask someone you can trust how your makeup looks.
To get started here are some common mistakes to look for:
1. Eyeliner: Eyeliner is a great makeup tool but when not used properly it can make you look awful. Firstly, it should match your coloring. If you have a light complexion and light hair go easy. Stay away from dark wide eyeliner. Secondly, as you get older eyeliner should be used sparingly. There’s nothing that will age you more that dark eyeliner. Lastly, for best results use a thin line in the lashes to make the lashes look fuller.
2. Lip liner: Lip liner is meant to define the lips – to create an even line and keep lipstick from bleeding. For the best looking lips your lip liner should not be visible. Lips that are outlined with dark liner are aging and look gaudy.
3. Foundation: Foundation is the perfect product to create a flawless complexion. Foundation that is visible or is a different color than your skin is not appealing. The trick is to make sure it matches your skin tone exactly and apply it sparingly. For best results, exfoliate your skin regularly and use a moisturizer before you apply foundation.
4. Eyebrows: Eyebrows are so important to the overall look of the face that it’s worth mentioning twice. They should match your hair color, not be drawn on and not be too small. The best eyebrows begin above the inner corner of the eye and end at the outer corner.
5. Mascara: Clumpy mascara flakes and makes eyes look messy. Mascara is a great lash lengthener and used sparingly can make eyes come alive.
7. Check It: Before leaving home check your makeup first in a full length mirror making sure it matches your outfit in occasion and intensity and then in daylight for clarity.
©Copyright 2004 -2011 Sheila Dicks